Suicide-safer universities provides guidance for universities on preventing student suicide. We first published it in 2018 with PAPYRUS, the UK's national charity on preventing young suicide.
The guidance includes advice on developing a strategy focused specifically on suicide prevention, covering the following areas:
- steps to prevent student suicide
- intervening when students get into difficulties
- best practice for responding to student suicides
- case studies on approaches to suicide prevention through partnership working
- checklist highlighting steps university leaders can take to make their communities safe