Open access publishing means making research available as widely as possible, so that knowledge is easily accessible to everyone. These are our publications from 2015 to 2019 about open access in the UK.
Monitoring the transition to open access
We published two reports looking at the transition to open access in the UK. The reports looked at some of the problems institutions and authors were having. These include accessibility, the options available to authors, financial sustainability and the usage.
Guidance, best practice and recommendations
These are guides and reports for professionals working in universities who want to gain a better understanding of using open data in their institutions.
- Introductory guide (2016)
- Good practice guidelines (2018)
- Open access efficiencies: report and recommendations (2018)
- Open access repositories: report and recommendations (2018)
Open access for academic books
Monographs are books on a single, specialised topic, usually by one author. We published two reports in this area:
- Report on roundtables and events (March 2019)
- Evidence review (October 2019)
- Overview report (July 2018)