A snapshot of universities’ research activity, student employability, and information on international students and staff.
- 13% of undergraduate students, 38% of postgraduate students and 28% of academic staff are from outside the UK.
- 16% of research and development funding received by UK universities in 2014–15 came from overseas sources – the majority (£0.8 billion) from within the EU.
- In 2015, the unemployment rate of graduates was half that of non-graduates (3.1% versus 6.4%).
- 22% of 18-year-olds from the areas of lowest higher education participation in England have applied to university in 2016 as compared to 12% ten years ago.
- UK government spending on research and development is consistently below the OECD average as a proportion of GDP.