Universities are open for business. In partnership with employers, colleges, the NHS, and the cultural and voluntary sectors, universities are ready to accelerate the economic and social recovery from the pandemic.
This report looks ahead at the predicted impact of UK universities over the next five years. Between 2021 and 2026, universities are predicted to:
- attract £21.7 billion in funding for research projects with partners
- provide support to businesses and charities with more than £11.6 billion
- be involved in regeneration projects worth £2.5 billion to local economies
- help form 21,650 new businesses and charities
- train 191,000 nurses, 84,000 medics and 188,000 teachers
Supporting universities means growing businesses and jobs, training key workers, levelling up the UK’s towns and regions and much more.