We believe that there are five actions required to ensure the continued success of our country’s university sector following Brexit:
1. Encouraging students from around the world to choose to study in the UK
2. Enhancing international research collaboration
3. Making the UK an attractive destination for talented university staff
4. Increasing public investment in research and innovation
5. Supporting UK students and staff to access vital global opportunities
This briefing provides further detail on why these five policy areas are so important to universities in the UK, and what specific measures the government can take in each area to ensure that the sector thrives outside the EU.