To say that British politics is going through a tumultuous period is an understatement. Covid-19, Brexit and an increasingly polarised public sphere mean that old ways of working no longer apply.
At the same time, the UK higher education sector can play a pivotal role in addressing many of the challenges the UK faces. From the scientific research which played a decisive role in the Covid-19 crisis, to the contribution that universities can make to the levelling up agenda. At this online conference we will focus on the policy challenges facing higher education, how you can influence policy, and the tools you need to effect political and policy change.
Why should you attend?
This online event will bring together policymakers and sector leaders to give you a rounded picture of the state of higher education policy and politics in 2021. Our headline speakers include:
- Alistair Jarvis, Chief Executive, Universities UK
- Rachel Wolf, Founding Partner, Public First
- Chris Hopkins, Associate Director, Savanta
- Stephen Aldhouse, Committee Specialist, House of Commons
- Professor Tim Bale, Professor of Politics, Queen Mary, University of London
Katy Balls, Deputy Political Editor, The Spectator
Sessions we will be running include:
- Reputation management: Handling media and PR challenges
- Select committees: How and why you should engage with them
- Navigating conflict within cultures and values
- Let’s talk about student wellbeing and the impact of Covid-19
- Civic Engagement: Influencing at the local level
- New Savanta research into public perceptions of universities
Who should attend?
This event is essential for anyone working in policy, public affairs and external stakeholder management in universities. Relevant job titles include:
- Director/Head of Public Affairs
- Director/Head of Communications and Engagement
- Director/Head of Corporate Communications
- Director/Head of External Relations
- Director/Head of Stakeholder Management
- Policy Officer
- Public Affairs Officer
- Senior Policy Advisor
- Advocacy Officer/Advisor
If you have any questions about this or any other of our events, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07500 441505.
We have a range of sponsorship opportunities available. Please contact Oscar Jantti, Marketing and Sponsorship Officer, for more information: email@example.com
If you want to stay up to date with our events, news, and publications, you can sign up for our newsletters here.