We want our web site to be as accessible as possible and strive to conform at a minimum to Level Double-A compliance as specified by the Web Accessibility Initiative. This also involves implementing several selected Priority 3 checkpoints required to make the site Level Triple-A standard.
- Links are written to make sense when read out of context.
- All images used in this site have appropriate text equivalents.
- Cascading style sheets have been used for layout and presentation.
- Each page is constructed so that it can be read without style sheets.
- This site uses relative font sizes to enable the user to specify "text size" in visual browsers.
- An alternate colour contrast makes the site more accessible and readable.
- A site map has been included to provide information about the general layout of the site.
Keyboard shortcuts have been provided to assist navigation (see below).
To give better accessibility to users without a mouse, we have integrated keyboard shortcuts into our web site.
These access keys are:
- S - Skip navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - Press
- 3 - Site map
- 4 - Search
- 8 - Privacy and cookies
- 9 - Contact us
- 0 - Accessibility Information
To use these, please follow the instructions below:
Windows PC's: press 'Alt' + 'Shortcut' ( + 'Return' for Explorer).
Apple Mac's: press 'Control' + 'Shortcut'.
- JAWS: screen reader
- Lynx: text web browser